Dogs are the best!
If you’re like me, you find yourself loving your dog even more for things you never thought would would make you smile. Like when they race through the house clutching a roll of paper towels in their mouth that they stole from the cat who was shredding it to bits. Or when they snuffle you with that super-cold nose at 2 AM- just because they miss you because you’re been asleep for soooo long.
Life with dogs is never dull and it’s always filled to the brim with love. That’s what makes them the perfect Valentine’s Day sweethearts. Here are 16 reasons we love our dogs. How many can you relate to?
(images courtesy BearlyBored)
If your dog is your best-est Valentine, here’s a printable Valentine’s card just for your pup.
Or how about a Valentine from your dog to YOU, for being the very best pet parent ever.
Try our Valentine’s Day heart biscuits for your dog as a special treat to show how much you care.
Valentine’s Dog Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ½ cup peanut butter (choose a peanut butter WITHOUT Xylitol!)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil (coconut, canola, or other of your choice)
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter (NO xylitol!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes or hearts, or just bake into little circles like cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats.
- Sprinkle with BOOST ME real meat crumbles
- Cool till glaze hardens (it does best in the fridge or freezer).
(recipe adapted from PinchOfYum)
Order a box of LOVE from TruDog for your dog this Valentine’s Day and save big!
Happy Valentine’s Day from TruDog!
Want Kissably fresh doggie breath? Try Spray Me!