Did you know these breeds lived in the White House?
List of Presidential Pooch Breeds:
- President James Monroe: Spaniel
- President John Tyler: Greyhound
- President James Buchanan: Newfoundland
- President Abraham Lincoln: various dog breed
- President Ulysses S. Grant: Newfoundland
- President Rutherford B. Hayes: Greyhound, English Mastiff, Newfoundland, Terrier
- President James Garfield: Mutt
- President Grover Cleveland: Poodle
- President Benjamin Harrison: multiple dogs
- President Theodore Roosevelt: Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Pekingese, Mutt, Terriers
- President Warren Harding: Airedale, Bulldog
- President Calvin Coolidge: Terrier, Airedale, Sheepdog, Bulldog, Shepherd, Bird Dog
- President Herbert Hoover: Collie, Malamute, Irish Wolfhound, Setter, Elkhound, Fox Terriers, Shepherd
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt: Scottish Terrier, German Shepherd, Llewellyn Setter, English Sheepdog, Great Dane, Mastiff
- President Harry S. Truman: homeless mutt, Irish Setter
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower: Weimaraner
- President John F Kennedy: Welsh Terrier, various mutts and puppies
- President Lyndon Johnson: Beagles, Collie, Mutts
- President Richard Nixon: Cocker Spaniel, Poodle, Terrier, Irish SetterPresident Gerald Ford: Golden Retriever
- President Jimmy Carter: Mut
- President Ronald Reagan: King Charles Spaniel, Bouvier des Flandres Sheepdog
- President George H. W. Bush: Springer Spaniels
- President Bill Clinton: Chocolate Lab
- President George W. Bush: Springer Spaniel, Scottish Terrier
- President Barrack Obama: Portuguese Water Dogs
Watch celebrity pet trainer Harrison Forbes’ segment on Fox News about Presidential Pooches:
THE ULTIMATE REAL MEAT TREAT ME PACKAGE
This is a great choice for those pups that are just too cute to say no to! Get a great deal on this package which includes every one of our wholesome and healthy freeze-dried real meat treats! Go and grab the dog treats you have in your house right now and look at the ingredients.
Many of our Presidential families have been animal lovers with a variety of pets residing in the White House, but dogs are by far the most popular.
You can learn more about President Obama’s dog from this National Geographic post about the Portuguese Water Dog. The President is said to have chosen this particular breed because Malia has allergies, and needed a hypoallergenic dog.
Who do you think will be the next Presidential Pooch?