Add this infographic to your website by copying and pasting the following embed code:
Clean Me Dental Chews effectively and safely eliminates volatile sulfur compounds (vsc) malodors and the bad breath that they cause, without the adverse side effects of antibacterial agents
The Steps to Performing The Heimlich Maneuver on Your Dog:
- Open your dog’s mouth and check for what they may be choking on. Grab it with your fingers if you can. You can also pull your dog’s tongue to attempt to dislodge the object. Use a flashlight if handy. (Be careful to not get bit!)
- If you can’t reach the object, hold your dog like in Step #2 of the Infographic above. Make sure your hands are uner his ribs. Quickly push up and in 5 times.
If your dog is too big to do that then stand over him (like you’re riding a horse), put your hands under his ribs and pull up and in 5 times.Check again to see if you can remove the object with your hands. Use a flashlight if handy.
- If you still can’t get to the object then lay your dog on the ground and lift his hips higher than his head.
- Check again for the object. Use a flashlight if handy.
- If you still can’t find the object use your palm to hit your dog between his shoulder blades. You may need to use some force.
- Open your dog’s mouth and check for the object again.
- Keep repeating steps 1 through 7 above until the foreign object comes out.
- If your dog is unconscious you need to perform CPR on him. Give him 5 breaths and then 5 thrusts to its abdomen. Keep doing these steps until the object is out.