Any animal lover can agree that pet adoption brings the utmost joy to life. But imagine being ready to add a furry friend in your life and finding companionship beyond the four-legs you signed up for. What started as an ordinary day for Christopher McCarron turned into a surprising happily ever after.
Visiting a local Scotland shelter, Chris adopted his loyal companion, Jack the Rottweiler. Chris knew he found a best friend but never suspected to also find love. During Chris’ shelter visit, an unsuspected yet welcome romance bloomed. Adorned in his own personal tuxedo, Jack quickly went from best friend to best man. (1)
TruDog's BOOST ME is a freeze-dried, versatile supplement that contains simple ingredients packed with powerful nutrition.
From Best Friend to Best Man
What started as a visit to the local animal shelter in Scotland, soon became more than Christopher had ever anticipated. Christopher, who hoped that getting a dog would aid as comfort as he recovered from the loss of his son, found much more than a best friend.
Three years after the loss of his 43-year-old son, divorcing his wife, and selling his business, Christopher McCarron was ready for a change. He never suspected that the adoption of Jack, a shelter animal of 9 months would bring his life more than he originally bargained for.
While at the rescue center, love was certainly in the air. Not only did Chris fall for his new Rottweiler friend Jack, but a lucky encounter with a woman named Allison turned into quite the companionship. The two bonded over their love of dogs and celebrating the transformation of Jack’s personality since being adopted into a loving home.
Together Chris and Allison’s relationship went from rescue dogs to romance. So naturally, when the couple decided to tie the knot, their beloved Jack would undoubtedly be by their side. Adorned in a tuxedo, 6-year-old Jack looked handsome as ever as he proudly walked down the aisle as Chris and Allison’s best man.
Both Allison and Chris agree that the addition of Jack to their romance has left their family perfect, whole, and complete. (2)
Wedding Day Dogs
While finding love aside from a four-legged friend in shelters is uncommon, stories like Chris and Allison’s including their fur baby in their wedding is becoming increasingly customary. From proposals, save the dates, and walking down the aisle, here’s all the inspiration you’ll need to have your canine companion by your side.
- If you’re a pet lover there’s no sweeter way than saying ‘Yes’ than with a ‘pup-proposal’. After all, how could you say no to the cutest of your best friends with a clever sign around their neck asking, “Will you marry me?”
- Every couple knows that engagement photos are a great place to get creative. Whether you’re taking save the date or engagement photos, a cameo by your (other) beloved companion is sure to be both memorable and adorable.
- Nothing is cuter than your flower girl or ring bearer walking your dog down the aisle dressed for the occasion. Or better yet- they can BE your flower girl and ring bearer! If you choose to have your dog carry a flower basket, be sure the flowers are safe and non-toxic for dogs. Tying the ring to your pup’s collar with ribbon or a custom ring holder is suggested. (3)
- Play dress up! Tuxedos and dresses to matching bows and flowers, your fur baby is sure to grab attention from your guests when they’re dressed to impress for the occasion.
- If you’re not quite sure how well your pet would do taking a walk down the aisle, there are other more traditional ways to include them in your special day. Custom cake toppers are a worry-free way to include your beloved pet on your wedding day.
These days, whether you own a dog, cat, or even a horse – there are a number of ways to include them in your special day. Assuming your pet’s personality and venue can handle receptions and celebrations, many couples love including their pets when they say “I do”. And with so many ways to include them in your special day- how can you resist?